Santiago (Chile), 1963.
Lives in Santiago (Chile).
Germán Bobe has been described as “the enfant terrible” of Chilean art: an
apt way to refer to a creator who crosses unhindered the borders of areas
such as museums, art galleries, the world of music videos and experimentation. In his works mixes media such as video, photography, collage & painting.
His work “La Profesora” was acquired by the Museum of Modern Art "MOMA" of New York, and integrates the permanent collection; His works have been exhibited in important artistic centers, among them we highlight:
• The Art Institute of Chicago
• The London Festival of Moving Images
• The New York Film Festival at Lincoln Center in New York
• Museum of Modern Art "MOMA" of New York
• Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Madrid, Spain
• Cannes Film Festival of France